This climate-blog is mostly in German, but there are also many pictures and they do not need a translation, I’d say.
I am concerned about the earth. The human made climate warming puts our civilization at risk.
According to the UC San Diego, the climate changes include:
* Prevailing Weather Patterns:
– Large circulation systems & equator to pole heat transport,
– regional patterns like temperature, wind, dust, rainfall
– extreme events like heat waves, cold snaps, storms, droughts, floods and forest fires
* Regional Geophysical Systems
– the cryosphere: sea ice, Greenland, Antartic, mountain glaciers and snows, permafrost
– ocean circulation: El nino/la nina, Gulfstream
– watersheds: mountain sources, river networks, deltas
– Plant species, distributions and animal ranges
– Biomass: desert, grassland, savannah, forest, tundra
– Pests: Pine bark beetle as a classic example
* Technical systems
– agricultural and forestry
– Irrigation & urban water availability
– natural disasters and civil infrastructure
– Disease propagations and transmission: malaria, cholera, respiratory diseases
– Food water and energy security
– economics and human welfare
– environmental conflicts
Thus, there is a very high need to change our view about the earth. Therefor the idea of Earth Rights is very interesting. The earth is not just a thing, but a living body. She needs protection, legally. This is why we have to give the earth her rights to live and stay alive!